Mistakes to miracles

My son likes to watch fantasy sci-fi films. So I do too by association and interestingly I have been able to follow (in a manner of speaking) the story lines. I got hooked up on Star Wars for a while and I have watched The Flash, Supergirl, Arrow, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow and the like. It is nice to escape to the world of unreal and make-believe.

Sometime, I laugh loud at some of the actions or the things taken for granted in these films but wish that I have some of the superhuman abilities of the characters. Wouldn’t it be nice to move from place to place in a flash and get all I need to do just like that? Or be able to lift heavy objects, create electricity, heat and frost at will? What a life that will be! My favourite superhuman power is the characters’ ability to travel within different worlds and to go back and forth into the past and future. Some of characters are able to go back to the past to correct mistakes and right the wrongs. They create different timelines and these characters can alter things on them. More amazingly is their ability to go to the future to ensure some things to happen. How wonderful! To think that our mistakes are not permanent, that they can be corrected and erased from people's minds and that we are not permanently stuck with the consequences of our decisions. Some events are wiped out and not remembered at all by the characters.

But we know that these 'wonderful things’ do not happen in real life. We get to live with our mistakes; people are affected permanently by our actions and words; and, so are we by theirs. Our uninformed and hasty decisions come back to haunt us and we wish we could turn back the time. At times, decisions taken with careful considerations turn out disastrous all the same. This makes it imperative not to act or speak thoughtlessly and when we do so, to ask for and be willing to forgive.  It is also of utmost importance to pray before making decisions. Proverbs 16: 1-3 is very instructive in this regard.

I have learnt to pray that God will help me control my tongue, give people grace to forgive me when I fail to do so and that I may learn from my mistakes. I have learnt to commit decisions into His hands. More importantly, I have learnt to pray for God's intervention to turn my mistakes to miracles. If you make mistakes in relationships and decisions like I do, please feel free to pray the prayer.

I cannot go back in time to correct the mistakes but they can be raw materials for the miraculous in the hand of God. Romans 8:28 says that God is able to make all things work for our good. I know that this is often quoted for situations of adversity but I believe it applies to all things we take to Him. However, He requires that we do not keep on bringing back the same situation over and over again. Even The Flash has a limit to how many times he can alter a timeline.

Lord, thank you that all things are raw materials in Your hands. Please turn my mistakes to miracles for Your glory and help me to learn from the process.  I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

I Bi Dem.

Comments

  1. Amen, heavenly father please change my mistake to miracles for your glory and help me to learn from it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, the Lord Almighty is in indeed merciful and gracious and yes, Romans 6:1 says should we continue in sin that grace abounds? The answer is an emphatic NO!!!. May God help us that we may not repeat the same sin over and over again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May we all hang on to God for grace as we deliberately work on ourselves. The flashbacks are awful. Ask a rape victim or an emotionally-abused person. One would rather not remember many experiences or occasions at all, but they just keep coming back to our thoughts uninvited as we are still in this human form. Nevertheless, God's grace is sufficient. Truly, it is!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HELP

Pray For Nigeria

GPS: RECALCULATING!