Partner Up

 


https://kiteactive.com/pt/become-a-host/partner-up

The alarm went off at 5:30 am. I just wanted to snuggle in bed, but I didn't.  I got up, brushed and got dressed; it was time to go walking. I looked out and it was cloudy.; the regular Richards Bay sun was not out. Every bone in my body shouted at me to get back in bed - the weather was just not conducive for walking. And besides, missing one day would not be the end of the world. I rationalised from all sorts of angles but eventually I stepped out because someone was waiting for me. I met my friend at the junction we had agreed on, all set to go walking and she said she almost did not come out as well. I told her of my own experience, and we laughed.  The fact is that we were each other’s strengths - neither of us would not have gone walking that day if we did not think the other was waiting. It speaks of the power of partnership - the power of two.

Solomon talked about this strength in Ecclesiastics 4: 9-11 when he rightly noted that two are better than one because they have a good reward for their labour and that a man who is alone should be pitied because there would be no help for him when he is in trouble. Success becomes geometric when people pull their resources together. We are all gifted differently and when we use our different giftings in positive ways, we get better results.

God created us for communion, to associate positively with other people and he tells of so many benefits that accrue to us when we do so. For example, in Matthew 18: 19-20 (NKJV) Jesus said that:

19 “Again[a] I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”

This is like Jesus saying, ‘Come girl. Let me tell you a secret – if you have asked for something and I haven’t given it to you, find another child of mine who agrees with you on the issue and ask me together. I can’t deny the request of a united two’. It seems so easy but so difficult. Unity makes the number work.

I know so many people have been burnt by going into partnerships and that is why we need to do a thorough research before we get together.  Questions like the following should be asked:  do we have the same goals? Are we committed to the same goals? Are my intended partners reliable? Are they positive? Are they honest and hardworking? If these questions and some other situation-specific ones are answered favourably, then there is only one thing left to do – pray, ask God about it. If all is green, there is no need not to partner up.

No matter how we look at it, there is strength in number, and we will do best to explore it. So, look for someone to exercise with, start a prayer group, do group Bible study, carpool, buy in bulk and share, start a stokvel/ajo, team up in business to increase capital and reduce overhead, read or write a book together, etc.  Look for likeminded people and start something amazing.

Let’s partner up.

 

I Bi Dem

Comments

  1. Thank you ma for sharing. So true ma, there is strength in partnering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, thank you ma partnering with others is really an incredible source of motivation not to talk about cheering each other up

    ReplyDelete
  3. True, thank you ma,,partnership with others is really an incredible source of motivation not to talk of cheering each other up

    ReplyDelete
  4. In all ramifications two are better than one. If you work together with your partner or as a group the end result usually get better than the thought of only one person. Then you will be able to encourage one another and better ideas may come from your partner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true what you've said... I've found myself in similar situations and agree if not for that friend holding me accountable, I would have achieved a big fat.. Nothing!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HELP

Pray For Nigeria

GPS: RECALCULATING!