Assumptions



 The lockdown is still effective in several places. I appreciate all those at the forefront of fighting the virus and making life bearable for us during these difficult times. May the Lord continue to protect them. The call is for all not involved in essential services to stay at home, self-isolate and practice social distancing, but this is not possible for some people due to socioeconomic reasons. Some rely on daily sales to meet their needs while others live in densely populated areas where social distancing is simply impossible. Let’s be involved in alleviating the suffering in our different communities in any way we can. God bless you as you do so.

One thing that seems to be a positive in all this mayhem is the fact that families get to spend time together. Perhaps for the first time in long time, some children are able to have five minute conversations with their parents and husbands and wives get to spend time together. The lockdown provides a good opportunity to bond. It should be a time of reflection, quality stock-taking and re-strategizing for life after the lockdown. Our time in lockdown with family members will be worth it if there is good communication

I love to sit or lie on the sofa watching movies. I love those romantic ones with happy endings. There are too many sad stories in the real life and I feel that I don’t need them in the world of make-believe. I often get agitated when lovers assume they know answers to questions they did not ask. They often look at situations and conclude matters. The problem is that they often arrive at wrong conclusions. And even when they reach the right ones, it still helps to talk about them.

I sometimes find myself shouting at the characters, ‘Ask, just ask!’ Sometimes they actually listen to me and oh what joy! But other times, those assumptions are manipulated by others to wreck relations. I believe the script writers just do that to introduce new conflicts. If only those characters would listen to well-meaning individuals like me telling them not to assume but rather seek the truth.

I would like to believe that some assumptions only occur in films to create tension and have a beautiful plot, but alas it is the hallmark of our relationships. We speak and take actions based on our perceived conceptions of things. Again, I ask, ‘why not just ask questions before you conclude? Just ask!’  But we refuse to ask because of our lack of trust, anger and deep rooted cultural beliefs and practice.

The lockdown will be a lovely time to look before you leap. Don’t jump to conclusions; don't assume. You don't want to ruin what should otherwise be a beautiful bonding time.

Stay Safe. Stay blessed.

I Bi Dem

Comments

  1. It is really a time to bond and reflect, we give God the glory . Thank you ma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so feel you...especially Hallmark movies for me. Why can't it be all smooth without introducing a conflict before a final 'make up' LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HELP

Pray For Nigeria

GPS: RECALCULATING!