Praise in spite


I don’t know how many of you have been in situations where you have prayed and fasted and nothing seems to be happening. In fact, the situation seemed to be getting worse. You move on to bind and cast and laminate as my husband will say and yet the problems or issues seem to have just purchased a recliner and made themselves comfortable in your life. I wonder if you have been in such situations. I have from time to time.  I have heard while listening to biblical teachings that what to do at such times is to praise God. Really? Praise? What for? I haven’t received answers, so what should I praise God for? Bear with me while I unpack what I have learnt. Praise is warfare that puts dread on the problem, shifts your focus to see beyond the problem and ensures victory no matter how the situation turns out.

Oftentimes we think that we fight best when we are able to defend our grounds or when we don’t give the enemy a chance on our side. But how about taking the battle to the enemy’s gate? Praise is taking the offensive in battle. Your enemy wonders why you are still laughing in spite of your situation; he is confused! Nothing renders a person defenseless like confusion. No wonder God promised us in Isaiah 50: 7 that we will not be confused or perplexed.  It is a tactic that should be used in sports; the supporters club should applaud their team even when it appears they are losing. It is sure to confuse the opposition and encourage the team.

Praise shifts one’s focus from the problem to see beyond it. Sometimes when confronted with a problem, it begins to define us. We eat it, move around with it, it determines how we look and talk. It takes over our lives and we stand before it – helpless. The praise we are to offer in this situation is not for the problem but in spite of the problem or issue. When we do this, there is a change in perspective. Praise puts space between us and the situation and all of a sudden we can see beyond the problem to the solution. 

One thing I have learnt is that God did not promise us, His children, a life without problems. No, He did not. What He promised is to be with us in all situations. He gives us a guarantee in Isaiah 43:2 that when we pass through water and fire, He will be with us. Note that the key word here is ‘when’ and not ‘if’. He is aware that such times will come and He is well prepared for them. So even if you can’t think of what to praise God for, you can thank and praise Him that He knows about the situation. Winning, I have realised, is majorly a thing of the mind. Winning all the trophies does not give satisfaction or contentment, but a winning attitude does. Even when we are down and out today, we can say, ‘Thank God for I know You are with me; You are on my side and working in my favour to glorify Yourself’. That is an attitude the enemy does not understand.

So when those stubborn situations come your way, call a praise party. Get out your dancing shoes, lift up a song of victory so you can leave the enemy confused; get yourself in the victory mode and praise God no matter the outcome. He has your back, always has, and always will.

Let me leave you with two songs I love to listen to on this matter.


I Bi Dem


Comments

  1. Yeap! Let's praise and worship instead!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the best and surest way to confuse Satan and the enemy is P R A I SE!!!! It may seem illogical but it works! May His praise continually be in my heart and mouth irrespective of the situation and circumstance. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks D for the wonderful message. It was as if it was written for me. Very powerful. God bless

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HELP

Pray For Nigeria

GPS: RECALCULATING!